What is Candida?
Candida Albicans is an over-infestation of yeast in the body. It invades the brain and every tissue of the body. Candida grows and lives on what you eat, and makes your body crave what it needs to enhance the growth. For this reason, Candida is difficult to get rid of, but it can be eradicated if proper steps are taken. Candida may occur alone or in combination with fibromyalgia. About 80% of those suffering from fibromyalgia also have candida. For those with both fibromyalgia and candida, the candida must be addressed before the fibromyalgia.
Candida (albicans) is one of many different types of yeast. Yeast cells are able to grow on the surface of all living things and occur virtually everywhere. The fact is, we breathe, eat, and drink them daily. Because they are part of our daily lives, we all have yeast growing in our skin, on other body surfaces and in our intestines. Normally our bodies’ defense systems keep the total number of yeast cells under control, and so candida colonies in our intestinal tract are nothing to worry about. However, poor nutrition or a sluggish or impaired immune system weakens the body’s ability to fight off yeast. Stress and environmental pollutants can also play a role in reducing the body’s control over candida. When this happens, yeast colonies grow rapidly and candida may result.
Causes Of Candida
There are over 900 strains of yeast, and candida albicans is a major one found in the human body. In some ways it is very much like the yeast used in breads. Scientists are not sure why yeasts are in our bodies or what their exact function is. The only thing we know for sure is that they help decompose and recycle our bodies when we die. If they multiply too rapidly in our bodies, they begin their job prematurely.
• A number of conditions can lead to Candida. Steroid
drugs (such as cortisone), hormonal birth control pills
and the long-term use of antibiotics (such as those
used to control acne or various bacterial infections)
can invite the problem.
• Poor nutrition or a sluggish or impaired immune system weakens the body’s ability to fight off yeast. Stress and environmental pollutants can also play a role in reducing the body’s control over Candida. When this happens, the yeast colonies grow rapidly and Candida may result.
• Alcohol, caffeine, stress and aging all destroy friendly bacteria in the system.
• Sugar, gluten and meat encourage harmful bacterial growth in the intestines.
Symptoms Of Candida
• Allergic reaction; congested nose, hives, headache, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, cramps, arthritis, irritability or depression, increased sensitivities to foods or chemicals.
• gastrointestinal problems; gas, bloating, abdominal pain, gastritis, gastric ulcer, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, spastic colon.
• Respiratory problems; frequent sore throat, mouth or canker sores, sinus infection, bronchial infections, chronic cough, asthma.
• Skin infection; usually rash type in nature, typically under the breasts, groin area, diaper rash, hives, etc. • Central nervous system problems; headache, sinus headache, tension headache, migraines, low blood sugar headaches, rapid blood sugar changes.
• High levels of stress hormones can cause anxiety, irritability, moodiness, restlessness, panic attacks, sudden anger, sleep disturbances, poor short term memory, inability to concentrate, fuzzy thinking and confusion.
• Fatigue, which may be caused by impaired metabolism and impaired enzyme production.
• Weight gain may result from an overgrowth of yeast that may cause cravings for sugar, interference with normal hunger, high insulin levels, low metabolism, low energy levels and fatigue.
Mother\'s Day Special
FREE HEALTH SEMINARS
Check out our blog for Candida friendly eating this month. Patty is telling you what she is eating on a Candida program that started on January 6th. For those of you on a Candida program or anyone who wants to eat healthier get a few tips from Patty and share some of yours with her!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK; LINKEDIN and TWITTER!
CHECK OUT THESE NEW RECIPES ON OUR RECIPES LINK
FIRE ROASTED TOMATO PASTA WITH CHICKPEAS
LEMON YOGURT CAKE
LEMON DILL CHICKEN
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP & VEGETABLES
SHELLS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH
SWEET POTATO BURGERS WITH AVOCADO
ZUCCHINI AND AVOCADO HUMMUS
WHOLE GRAIN RICE PILAF
Get your skin ready for summer with M'lis Skin Care Products.
Nourish your skin and revive dull, dehydrated and aging skin; carry necessary nutrients deep into the skin cells; reduce fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. Repair your skin and promote cell renewal for a youthful glow; prevent and reverse aging effects with a healthy combination of botanical ingredients all at 15% off now through July 7, 2012.
The weight reduction program is designed to get to the root of weight-related problems and aid in
the improvement of overall health.
Our program is NOT considered to be a diet. It is a lifestyle change designed to assist you in weight loss and your ability to keep the weight off. In addition to loosing body fat, energy is elevated, blood sugar is stabilized and overall health is enhanced.